3 Days Journey from Marrakech to the Desert
3 Days Marrakech To Merzouga Desert Tours :
Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – KasbahAit Ben Haddou – Dades Valley:
After picking you up at the hotel or riad where you are staying, we will head south towards Ouarzazate. On the way we will cross the amazing landscapes of the Atlas throught the incredible Tizin’Tichka pass – 2,260 meters above sea level. Half way we will arrive at the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, the most amazing fortified city in Morocco, the filming location of films like Gladiator and The Kingdom of Heaven. Continuing the route we will arrive at Ouarzazate, where we will see the Kasbah of Taourirt. Taking the Highway of the Thousand Kasbahs towards Skoura, we will cross the Valley of the Roses to finally reach the Gorges of Dades, where we will stay the night.
Day 2: Dades Valley – Todra Gorges – Tinjdad – Touroug – Erfoud – Merzouga:
After breakfast we will head towards the Dades Valley and cross the incredible Gorges of Todra, where we will stay until lunchtime. Once refreshed, we will set off in the direction of Merzouga and cross the Jorf palm grove – where the best dates come from! – and pass through Erfoud, a small town where you can visit a marble workshop. Once in Merzouga we will leave the 4X4 to go into the desert on the backs of camels to find the camp where we will spend the night. Here, in the silence of the desert, we will enjoy one of the most authentic dinners in all of Morocco.
Day 3: Merzouga – Rissani – Tazarine – Draa Valley – Agdez – Ouarzazate – Marrakech:
If there is something truly unforgettable in the desert, it is the sunrise. After watching this moment we will ride the camels down to a hotel where we can shower and have breakfast. Passing the Palmeral de Tafilalet and the town of Rissani (the hometown of the Alauí Dynasty) we will arrive in Alnif, where we will take the road that crosses the Anti Atlas mountain range. Amazed by the mountainous landscapes we will pass through Tazarine – a very important Berber village – , N’kob and, finally, to the Draa Valley and its incredible palm grove. After crossing the Anti Atlas by the Tizi n Tnifift pass (1,660 meters above sea level) we will arrive at Ouarzazate, where we will stop to eat. We will take lunch in the village and, in the afternoon, we will depart for Marrakech crossing the mountain pass of Tizi N Tichka with stops to take pictures. Here we will leave behind the lunar landscape that will give way to the predominant green and ochre colours. Arrival at Marrakech around 6pm, transfer to the hotel and end of our services.
- Private vehicle with A / C, 4 × 4 Toyota LandCruiser Prado or Luxury Van for 3 days + Fuel.
- Experienced Driver
- Pick up and delivery at your accommodation in Marrakech.
- Rooms with bathroom – A / C in typical Hotel / Kasbah / Riad with breakfast and dinner (vegetarians are welcome).
- Night in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, Merzouga, tent in nomadic camp with dinner and breakfast.
- Camel ride round trip to the camp (about 1 hour each way).
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, movie sets, Taourirt Kasbah, etc.
- Pick up in the summer months at 08:00 a.m and in the winter months at 07:30 a.m.
- Delivery around 5:30 p.m. in the summer months and at 6:30 p.m. in the winter months.
- Noon Meals
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Possibility of choice in the category of accommodation, according to your needs.
- Wide range of Hotels
- Riads of 3 * and 4 *
- Youth hostels and Bivouac
- The price of the route varies depending on the number of travelers and the category of the chosen accommodations.
- Send us an email indicating the dates of your trip, the number of people travelling and the category of accommodation selected and we will pass your route to you as quoted.
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies